On this page we are going to analyze all 2 Euro Commemorative coin of Latvia. There aren’t that many, because although Latvia has been a member of the European Union since 2004, it only adopted the Euro in 2014.
One of the peculiarities is that they have no mint marks, the minting however took place in the German locations of Stuttgart and Karlsruhe.
The knurled edge of all coins is inscribed with the words: DIEVS* * * SVĒTĪ* * * LATVIJU* * *.
But let’s start our analysis by just saying that all Latvian 2-euro coins are now worth around €3. With the exception of one that has a higher value, let’s see which one.
There will also be a detailed table with all the values later on, so enjoy your reading.
- 2 Euro Latvia 2014 – Riga Europas Kultùras Galvaspilseta
- 2 Euro Latvia 2015 – LATVIJAS PREZIDENTŪRA ES PADOMĒ
- 2 Euro Latvia 2015 Coin – Latvija European flag
- 2 Euro Latvia 2015 Coin – Latvija Black Stork
- 2 Euro Latvia 2016 Coin – Latvija Cow
- 2 Euro Latvia 2016 Coin – Latvija Vidzeme
- 2 Euro Latvia 2017 Coin – Latvija Kurzeme
- 2 Euro Latvia 2017 Coin – Latvija Latgale
- 2 Euro Latvia 2018 Coin – Latvija Independent Baltic States
- 2 Euro Latvia 2018 Coin – Latvija Zemgale
- 2 Euro Latvia 2019 Coin – UZLECOSA SAULEIN Latvija
- 2 Euro Latvia 2020 Coin – Latvija Latgales Keramika
- 2 Euro Latvia 2021 – 100 Latvija DE JURE
- Table of Values of the 2 Euro Commemorative Latvia Coins
2 Euro Latvia 2014 – Riga Europas Kultùras Galvaspilseta
The first Latvian 2-euro commemorative coin was minted in 2014 and dedicated to Riga. The coin is dated 12/08/2014.
On the Obverse of these 2 Euros Latvia a view of the city of Riga seen from the Daugava River overlooking the park, Riga Castle in front of City Hall Square with St Peter’s and the Cathedral. Basically the heart of the city of Riga, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997 and European Capital of Culture in 2014.
In the upper part of the coin the arched inscription EIROPAS KULTURAS GALVASPILSETA, underneath RIGA – 2014 and finally the initials of Latvia itself LV. The nickel and copper outer ring houses the twelve stars that are the symbol of Europe.
Now the reverse, which is the representation of the Common Face, thus the same for all commemoratives.
Authors: Henrihs Vorkals / Jānis Strupulis
Value 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coins 2014 – Riga European Capital of Culture
- The two-euro bimetallic coin minted in 2014 in Latvia and dedicated to Riga, European Capital of Culture, has a value of €3.
2 Euro Latvia 2015 – LATVIJAS PREZIDENTŪRA ES PADOMĒ
In 2015, three commemoratives were issued in Latvia.
One of these, the one issued on 10/02/2015, bears the logo of the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union on the obverse side with, on the right-hand side, the inscription LATVIJAS PREZIDENTŪRA ES PADOMĒ which means Latvian Presidency of the Council. On the left hand side is the website of the Council Presidency: EU2015.LV.
The outer ring of the bimetallic is engraved with the symbol of Europe (12 5-pointed stars in a circle).
The obverse of the coin is the value side with the inscription 2 Euro.
Value 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2015 – Presidency of the EU Council
- The value of the 2 Euro Commemorative Latvian coin, minted in 2015 for the EU Council Presidency, is €3.
2 Euro Latvia 2015 Coin – Latvija European flag
Let’s move on to another Latvian coin from 2015, the European Flag coin. The coin is the same as the one issued the same year by the other European countries, the engraving of the Latvian state is different. Minted to celebrate 30 years of the Flag.
On the obverse of this 2 euro Latvia has the Flag of Europe surrounded by 12 stylised figures of men and stars with the signature of the author Georgios Stamatopoulos on the bottom right.
At the top is the state inscription LATVIJA and on the right the dates 1985-2015. The 12 five-pointed stars representing the European states are repeated all around.
The reverse side is the opposite side of the coin with a face value of 2 euro.
Author Georgios Stamatopoulos
Value 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2015 – European flag
- The 2 Euro Commemorative Bimetallic of Latvia minted in 2015 to honour the 30th Anniversary of the European Flag is €3.
2 Euro Latvia 2015 Coin – Latvija Black Stork
The third and last coin of 2015 is a special one, dedicated to a protected animal, the Black Stork, which has also become a symbol for the whole of Europe for the protection of endangered nature. Issued on 1/12/2015.
The obverse depicts, in a drawing by Olga Šilova, an extremely rare Black Stork walking with a twig in its beak. Below, on two lines, is the inscription LATVIJA 2015.
The symbol with the 12 European stars is engraved all around on the nickel and copper part of the bimetallic.
Instead, the Common Face is the so-called value side, i.e. the one with the 2 euro inscription.
Author: Olga Šilova
Value 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2015 – Black Stork
- The value of this 2 Euro bimetallic coin from Latvia minted in 2015 and dedicated to the Black Stork is €3.
2 Euro Latvia 2016 Coin – Latvija Cow
Another Latvian commemorative 2 Euro coin minted in 2016 and dedicated to an animal. This time we are talking about the Brown Cow, typical Latvian cow and recognised symbol of milk productivity in Latvia. Commemorative issued on 18/09/2016.
On the obverse we can see the profile of the Latvian cow grazing on grass drawn by Gunārs Lūsis. Under the hind legs of the big bovine is engraved the minting year 2016, while in the bottom centre is LATVIJA. Surrounding them are, as usual, the twelve five-pointed stars representing the European states.
The obverse depicts the common face, as with all other 2-euro coins.
Author: Gunārs Lūsis
Value 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2016 – Latvian cow
- The value of the 2016 Latvian 2 Euro Commemorative Cow is approximately €3.
2 Euro Latvia 2016 Coin – Latvija Vidzeme
Another 2016 coin, this time dedicated to a place, specifically a historical region of Latvia.
On the obverse of the 2-euro Latvia coin the inscription LATVIJA (Latvia) is above the coat of arms of Viszeme . The coat of arms is a heraldic representation of a winged griffin holding a dagger, below the inscription VIDZEME (Livonia) and to the right the year 2016. In a circle, all around, are the 12 five-pointed stars, symbolising the European countries.
The reverse side features the common face, as with all other 2-euro coins.
Author: Laimonis Šēnbergs
Value 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2016 – Vidzeme
- Here is the value of the two commemorative Euros of Latvia minted in 2016 and depicting the Coat of Arms of Viszeme: it has a value of approximately €3.
2 Euro Latvia 2017 Coin – Latvija Kurzeme
The year 2017 also sees the birth of a Commemorative dedicated to a historical region of Latvia, as with the previous Commemorative also depicting a Coat of Arms, this time of Kurzeme (Courland). Issued on 17/11/2017.
We see the Obverse, in the centre of the bimetallic the Kurzeme Coat of Arms, Baltic coat of arms with the Lion with the inscription LATVIJA above and KURZEME below. The year 2017 is to the right of the coin. The symbol of Europe, the circle formed by the 12 stars, is on the outer part of the bimetallic.
On the reverse side, however, we find the Common Face, the same face as on the other 2-euro coins.
Value 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2017 – Kurzeme
- But how much can the 2 Euro Latvian commemorative minted in 2017 dedicated to Courland be worth? It is Worth €3
2 Euro Latvia 2017 Coin – Latvija Latgale
But the Commemorative minted for Letgallia is also from 2017. Coin issued on 14/11/2017.
This one also features the Coat of Arms of Letgallia with the Lion pointing to the left raising a dagger. Above it is the inscription LATVIJA, below it LATGALE and to the side the year of issue 2017. All around it are the 12 stars symbolising the EU.
On the reverse side we find the Common Face with the 2 euro value.
Author: Laimonis Šēnbergs
Value 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2017 – Latgale
- The value of the 2-euro commemorative coin of Latvia, minted in 2017 with the coat of arms of Latvia, is €3.
2 Euro Latvia 2018 Coin – Latvija Independent Baltic States
The 2018 Commemorative coin is the one made for the Independent Baltic States and the centenary of the event. Commemorative presented on 31/01/2018.
On the obverse the union of the three coats of arms of the Baltic States, specifically Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia. The Coats of Arms are at the top and act as the tops of the long braid of hair, an explicit symbol underlining the bond between the three states. It is no coincidence that they are often referred to as the three Baltic sisters.
The design was selected through a public competition in three European countries and is that of Justas Petrulis.
To the left is the inscription “LATVIJA” in capital letters, and to the right the year of issue, “2018”. The 12 five-pointed stars symbolising the European countries are distributed along the outermost edge.
As for the obverse of this 2-euro Latvia coin, it features the common face of 2-euro coins.
Value of 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2018 – Independent Baltic States
- Here is the value of the 2 Euro bimetallic commemorative coin, Latvia 2018 and dedicated to the Independent Baltic States has a value of €3
2 Euro Latvia 2018 Coin – Latvija Zemgale
Another Latvian 2 Euro Commemorative coin minted in 2018 is the one dedicated to Semgallia, issued on 26/09/2018.
Specifically on the obverse is the Zemgale Coat of Arms, also a historical region of Latvia. Coat of arms represented by a large Stag facing left. Above it is written LATVIJA, to the right 2018 and below ZEMGALE. In the circle around the coin are the classic 12 5-pointed stars representing the European States.
As far as the Common Face is concerned, this is in the direction of the Bimetallic.
Author: Laimonis Šēnbergs
Value of 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2018 – Zemgale
- The 2 Euro commemorative coin of Latvia minted in 2018 for Semgallia has a value of €3
2 Euro Latvia 2019 Coin – UZLECOSA SAULEIN Latvija
Here is the coin of 2019 and made using a symbol that is also present in Latvia’s coat of arms: The Rising Sun. Bimetallic issued on 17/09/2019.
But let us now describe the Obverse, which shows a stylisation of the Rising Sun with the two letters forming the monogram BL (Brīvā Latvija) in the centre, translated as Free Latvia. Below the engraving LATVIJA and the year 2019 on two lines in a central flag. At the top, in a semi-circle, is written UZLECOSA SAULEIN, or Rising Sun.
All around the coin are the usual 12 stars, the emblem of the European countries.
Instead, the common face is on the reverse of the coin, and is the same as on all 2-euro bimetallic coins.
Author: Ivars Drulls
Value of 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2019 – UZLECOSA SAULEIN
- What is the value of the Latvian 2-euro commemorative coin minted in 2019 and dedicated to the Rising Sun? It has a value of €5
2 Euro Latvia 2020 Coin – Latvija Latgales Keramika
This brings us to 2020 with the Commemorative in honour of Letgallia Ceramics.
On the obverse of these 2 Euros Latvia’s 5-armed ceramic candelabrum, with the year 2020 and the words LATVIJA above, and LATGALES KERAMIKA below. In the outer ring are the small stars symbolising Europe arranged in a circle.
The reverse side of the coin shows the face of the other 2-euro coins, the common face with the face value
VValue of 2 Euro Latvia Commemorative Coin 2020 – Latgales Keramika
At the moment the coin has not yet been issued and we will update the value of the 2 Euro Latvia 2020 soon.
2 Euro Latvia 2021 – 100 Latvija DE JURE
Here are the 2 Euro Commemorative coin Latvia 2021, minted to mark the 100th anniversary of the recognition of the Latvian Republic’s DE JUREE. Indeed, on 26 January 1921, France, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Italy and Japan, acting as the Supreme Allied War Council, recognised Latvia’s sovereignty. Issued on 21/01/2021.
On the obverse, on four lines and with futuristic graphics, the inscription:
In the outer circle of the 2 euro there are the twelve five-pointed stars, the symbol of Europe.
On the reverse, the Value Side, the common side of the 2-euro coins.
Author: Zane Ernštreite.
Table of Values of the 2 Euro Commemorative Latvia Coins
This is the table of values of all 2-euro commemorative coins divided by years. The values refer to coins in Brilliant Uncirculated condition and may vary according to the interest of Numismatists.
Now, if you have rare coins like these (but also different rarer coins), you can have fun and earn some money by auctioning them online. We always buy and sell coins at auction using this partner site. It is the largest online coin auction site and we really recommend it. Both selling and buying coins at auction is easy and exciting.
Topics related to Euro coins of Latvia
- You can see the value, rarity and description of all Latvian divisional coins here: Euro Coins Latvia
See the 2-euro commemorative coins of other European countries:
- The valuable 2 Euro Vatican coins can be seen here and the 2 Euro Italy coins here.
- There are also 2 Euro commemorative coins from Malta and 2 Euro coins from San Marino.
- Also worth seeing are the 2 Euro Coins of Greece and the 2 Euro Coin of Germany.
- The 2 Euro Coin of Spain, the 2 Euro coins France and the 2 Euro Monaco coins are also interesting.
- See also the 2 Euro Slovenia coins, the 2 Euro Lithuania coins and the 2 Euro Latvia coins
- 2 Euro Austria coins can be found here and 2 Euro Netherlands here.
- Cyprus’ 2 Euro coins, Ireland’s 2 Euro coins and Estonia’s 2 Euro coins are here.
- Check also the 2 Euro Andorra coins, the 2 Euro Slovakia and the 2 Euro Finland coins.
- The 2 Euro coins from Belgium, the 2 Euro Luxembourg and finally the 2 Euro from Portugal are here.